REMOVING A FRESH GREASE STAIN
A fresh grease stain can often be removed with a little shampoo or washing-up liquid.
Put a little shampoo or washing-up liquid on the stain and rub it in. Let it soak in for 10 minutes and then wash it out. Is it a blazer? Preferably do not put it in the washing machine. Better to wash it locally by hand or take it to the dry cleaner anyway.
Talcum powder, salt or baking soda
You can also treat a fresh grease stain immediately with talcum powder, salt or baking soda. These products are absorbent and thus soak up the grease, so to speak, causing it to pull out of the clothes.
It goes as follows:
- Sprinkle one of the products on the stain and leave it for a few hours
- Then wipe away the sebum powder, salt or baking soda and thus also the grease
- Then wash the clothing, trousers or blouse, in the washing machine according to the instructions
- For blazers, it is better to dab them clean locally or take them to the dry cleaner, but please do not put them in the washing machine.
- Of course, you also have agents like Ox gall soap, HG stain remover or Vanish.
Ox gall soap in the house?
If you have Ox gall soap, you can start using it right away. Always test it on an invisible piece of textile. Apply the Ox gall directly to the stain to activate the stain remover. For rinsing, do not use warm water but lukewarm water and do not let it dry. Then wash it out by hand or in the washing machine if possible.
HG stain remover is very practical
A remedy that is very practical should you frequently have to deal with grease stains in your clothes. HG vetweg removes stains such as sauce & gravy, spices, blood, milk and egg white from textiles without a problem. HG has several products, always read the packaging and instructions carefully.
Vanish is also a powerful product for removing grease stains, follow instructions carefully.
Can’t do it yourself? Get advice from a good dry cleaner.
GREASE STICKLE GONE?
We hope the above tips will give you an insight into how to tackle such an annoying grease stain. It should be noted that there are no guarantees that you will succeed in removing the stain. Grease stains are very annoying and you should try to prevent them as much as possible.